R.S.V.P. portrait series II
01.04 – 04.06
In February 2022, the Belgian artist Kristien Daem started a series of photographic portraits of male art-world actors: artists, curators, critics, publishers, etc. She asks each of them to choose their favorite work of art by a female artist, and next to each portrait she shows a photo of the chosen work or a reproduction of it.
The title of the series, R.S.V.P. portrait series II, refers not only to Daem’s request (Répondez, s'il vous plaît), but also to a first series of portraits made in 2020 during the first outbreak of Covid-19 and exhibited at the Arcade gallery in Brussels: 7 PORTRAITS AND 1 STILL LIFE. In addition to a photo of a bouquet, Daem then showed seven portraits of women from the art world.
Kristien Daem presents the photos of R.S.V.P. portrait series II as diptychs that are replaced by other pairings after one month. During the duration of this presentation, the exhibition also houses the workspace of the KIOSK team. A publication made in collaboration with Saskia Gevaert is available and for sale.
- Opening on Saturday 01.04.2023, 3.00-6.00 p.m.
- Daily open until 04.06.2023, between 12.00 and 6.00 p.m.
- Free entrance
- Louis Pasteurlaan 2, 9000 Ghent
- On the Bookshelf, a selection of books by Kristien Daem
- Répondez s'il vous plaît, interview of Kristien Daem by Dajo Van den Bussche