Shervin/e Sheikh Rezaei
Analyse 01. 23 -11: Anaesthetised
11.12.21 – 13.02.22
10.02.2022, 6.30 & 7.15 p.m.: musical performances by violinist Elisabeth Klinck.
“I was peeling eggplants that my father had prepared for my mother, while watching The Love Life of an Octopus, a movie by Jean Painlevé & Geneviève Hamon (1965). It felt like I had this creature in my hands. Because of this, I decided to go to the sea, the grey and cold North Sea close to our home in Oostende, to get seaweed.”
Transparency, the juxtaposition between mechanical and human action, the exploration of the fluidity and invasiveness of nature in contrast with controlled and impersonal computer drawing are researched in this new series of work that Shervin/e Sheikh Rezaei developed specially for this exhibition at KIOSK.
Shervin/e Sheikh Rezaei previously exhibited her works Ensemble and ART MEDITATION PROCESS at BLANCO (2020 and 2021) and at the exhibition Renaissance (2021), both in Ghent. Also in 2020 ENSEMBLE: An Architecture of the Inbetween, Shervin/e Sheikh Rezaei’s first monography was published by A.P.E. (Art Paper Editions).
Curated by Els Roelandt
- Exhibition text (PDF)
- Interview with Els Roelandt
- On the Bookshelf
- Chantal Pattyn in conversation with Shervin/e Sheikh Rezaei, Pompidou, Klara, 17 januari (starting at 27:25)
- Louis Pasteurlaan 2, 9000 Ghent
- Free entrance
- Open daily between 12pm and 6pm, from 11.12.2021 until 13.02.2022 (be careful: closed between 22.12.2021 and 10.01.2022)
- This is a Covid Safe Ticket event. Wearing a face mask during your visit is mandatory.